Aged Care & Disability Services
MultiLink is an experienced Aged Care & Disability Service provider supporting frail aged people, people with a disability and their carers from diverse cultural, faith, and linguistic backgrounds with a range of services required to assist them to continue living in their own home, and connecting with their community with confidence, independence, and dignity.
Our Aged Care and Disability Services specialise in working with people from a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) background and support consumers from over 80 culturally diverse backgrounds annually with our staff and support workers speaking over 44 languages.
Home Care Packages (HCP):
Delivered under a Consumer Directed Care philosophy and framework, package care is designed to delay entry into Residential Aged Care through the delivery of individually planned and coordinated Home Care Package support through MultiLink across level 1, 2, 3 & 4 packages.
The various package levels are based on individual needs.
· Package Level 1 – Basic Care Needs
· Package Level 2 – Low Care Needs
· Package Level 3 – Intermediate Care Needs
· Package Level 4 – High Care Needs
If you are receiving a Home Care Package and would like to transfer your package to MultiLink, please contact our Home Care staff on (07) 3808 4463 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team members will support you through the process.
Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP):
The Commonwealth Home Support Program provides support with everyday tasks to improve consumer health and wellbeing. To be eligible for this program, you must be aged 65 or older (or over 50 if you identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander) to access basic in-home and community-based services through the CHSP program, including support with:
· Domestic Assistance (assistance with housework, washing and ironing, unaccompanied shopping)
· Personal Care (eating, bathing, toileting, dressing, grooming, getting in and out of bed and moving about the house)
· Individual Social Support assistance with participation in community life – (social contact, letter writing, accompanied shopping, companionship activities in the home if mobility is an issue, monitoring services
· Group Social Support – Centre Based Day Activities Attend and participate in social interactions designed to develop, maintain, and support social interaction and independent living
· Flexible Respite Care Providing short term at-home supervision and assistance to enable the carer to “take-a-break”
· Cottage Respite Providing 24-hour overnight supervision and assistance in our Overnight Cottage Respite facility to enable the carer to “take a break”
· Nursing Treatment and monitoring of medically diagnosed clinical conditions such as the provision of wound care, continence advice & assessment, and medication assistance
· Transport Direct provision of transport for consumers to get out of their house, do chores and attend community activities, appointments, and group shopping activities
· Allied Health Direct provision of allied health services that restore, improve, or maintain consumers health, wellbeing, and independence
· Home Maintenance Direct provision of services that assist consumers maintain their home in a safe and habitable condition, supporting their independence, safety, accessibility and health and wellbeing
To access the Commonwealth Home Support Program, please call the My Aged Care FREE phone number 1800 200 422.
For Interpreting and Translation support phone PH: 131 450.
Overnight Respite Cottage (ONR):
MultiLink’s 24/7 Overnight Cottage Respite continues to support and assist primary carers of people who have difficulty caring for themselves due to frailty or disability, enabling them to “take a break” from their caring role.
A range of activities are provided to support a wellness approach where we do more ‘with consumers’ rather than just ‘for consumers’. Activities delivered have included art and craft, birthday celebrations, dress up days and a variety of game playing which helps stimulate physical and emotional wellbeing, as well as participants joining in with MultiLink’s Day Respite program.
Day Respite & Community Centre:
MultiLink’s Day Respite & Community Centre provides a range of group activities (Monday to Friday) supporting health and wellbeing including gentle exercises to keep the body moving, trivia to keep the brain active, and various other activities.
Community Visitor Scheme (CVS):
The Community Visitors Scheme (CVS), is a Commonwealth-funded national program designed to help establish social links between people living in Residential Aged Care facilities and isolated consumers accessing Home Care Packages in the community, whose quality of life can be improved by friendship and companionship of a volunteer visitor.
Queensland Community Support Services (QCSS):
The Queensland Community Support Service provides support to consumers to continue to live safely in their home and actively participate in the community if they are aged under 65 (or under 50 if they identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander) and live with a disability or condition which restricts day-to-day living (and are not eligible for the NDIS). Consumers who access this program can be supported with Personal Care, Domestic Assistance, other in-home support types and support to access the community.
Queensland Community Transport Program:
The Queensland Community Transport program provides community transport to those under 65 years of age and who have (among other eligibility criteria) a disability, chronic illness, mental health, or other conditions with an ongoing impact on their day-to-day living and who are financially disadvantaged and unable to access other appropriate transport arrangements.
For more information about any of these services, please contact our Aged Care staff on (07) 3808 4463 or email email@example.com and one of our team will help you with your enquiry.
NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme)
Registered NDIS Provider Number: 4050005298
MultiLink Community Services Inc. is a registered service provider under the NDIS which assists people under the age of 65 who have a permanent and significant impairment; this includes intellectual, physical, sensory, cognitive, and psychosocial, with the reasonable and necessary supports they require to live and enjoy their life. This service covers the geographic areas of Logan, South Brisbane, Redlands, and the Gold Coast. The NDIS provides funding to eligible people with a disability to gain more time with family and friends, greater independence, access to new skills, jobs, or volunteering in their community, and have an improved quality of life.
The NDIS also connects anyone with a disability to services in their community, putting the participant at the centre of their own decision-making process on how they want to live their life, supports they would like, and choosing who will deliver them.
To see if you are eligible to access the NDIS, visit the link below: https://www.ndis.gov.au/applying-access-ndis/am-i-eligible
MultiLink Community Services is registered to provide the following to all NDIS participants and can offer other services to Plan and Self-Managed recipients:
· Assistance with Self Care Activities
· Assistance with Household Tasks
· Participation in Community, Social and Civic Activities
· Centre Based Group Activities
For more information about our NDIS program, contact our NDIS & Community Care Coordinator on PH: (07) 3808 4463 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org